rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> tamiya
Previous topic :: Next topic  
daveoxide

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 23 May - 07:42 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, I am having a hell of a time with excessive oversteer.  If you have any suggestions I am all ears.  My steering angle is maxed out for now.  I would like to remove the ackerman that is present but that will take further modification of the simple steering setup to accomplish.  My rear shocks are quite soft with lots of droop, fronts are stiff with nearly zero droop.  I have about 52/48 F/R weight distribution.  Would more negative camber in the rear help?  Or do I just need more practice Wink?

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 23 May - 07:42 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 25 May - 16:49 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

love what you got done so far. keep posting i want to see how it go's. what body are you going to put on it. one thing that realy helped my VDF was putting weight inside the wheels. I put 6.9g in each wheel then put the tire on. i used plumbing solder( i'm a plumber) so its what i had laying around.  It is heavy so it not take much. 6.9g is like one wrap around the rim. if you are useing soft tires like HPI typeA. be shore to tape the weight to the rim with elec. tape or it will make the tire wear out in the center very fast. If you are useing hard tires use a hammer to flaten the solder so it will fit between the trie and the rim. you get more traction and control car is more stable. as to your oversteer one thing to try is ajusting your droop lower the rear droop will or should help if it doing it going it the turn and raising the front will or should help if it is doing it as you come out of the turn on the gas

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 3 Jun - 06:37 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

Okay

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 3 Jun - 06:53 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

glade to here it helped. in rwd car for drifting gyros are just one thing that you have got to have to get a long sweeping drift. i thank its safe to say that for the most part we all use one. now if you have one in your C/S car that would be a cheet but not in RWD.

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jun - 04:21 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

that looks so good. great job indeed. get some offset wheels for the back you can get them for 0 to 12mm offsets in 1mm incements. is what iuse to fill out the wheels on my MST with a 350z body on it i have 6mm in front and 9mm with 1.5 mm shims on the wheel hexs to fill out the rear.

daveoxide

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jun - 05:01 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

MtNitro wrote:
that looks so good. great job indeed. get some offset wheels for the back you can get them for 0 to 12mm offsets in 1mm incements. is what iuse to fill out the wheels on my MST with a 350z body on it i have 6mm in front and 9mm with 1.5 mm shims on the wheel hexs to fill out the rear.

The cruddy thing is I already have 9mm offset wheels both front and back.  The front fits great, but I need another 10mm on each side on the back.  That truck body is wide! I have two things to try out; I am gonna try wide ABS tires in the back and paint the inside of the tire to match the rim to see if that gives it a deep dish look, and if that does work I will hack up some rims to make a pair of extra wide rims and use the ABS tires on those.

I just thought of something, will mixing T-drifts and ABS affect the handling?  ABS feels more slick, but after it scuffs up a bit how does it compare to the T-Drifts?

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jun - 22:28 (2014)    Post subject: Cutting, Grinding, and Glueing an M04L into a Drift Car! Reply with quote

that right its a mo4 much narrower then a touring car.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> tamiya All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation