rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To gyro or not to gyro
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Gyroscope
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Justsidewayz

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 7 Jun - 02:18 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

kungpow wrote:
I could be wrong but couldn't you just hook the wire from the gyro that is supposed to go to the third channel to a servo tester mounted on the car instead and then you would be able to tune the gyro gain using the potentiometer on the servo tester enabling you to use a 2 channel radio. You can get servo testers on ebay for under $3 shipped which seems a lot better than buying a new radio.

I guess you probably could do that. def something to try and for 3 bux why not!

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 7 Jun - 02:18 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 7 Jun - 06:32 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

I'll be trying out the gyro again at the track in a month I think, perhaps it'll work better in a bigger place. It was set to 100 sensitivity, may be that one that interups... I'll try to set it lower next time and see what'll happen then!

kevinTRF

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jun - 05:13 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

I agreeded that gyro is not cheating for rwd, however i didnt start my rwd rc with a gyro two years ago, so with or without a gyro is ok. But if you start fresh with a rwd, it is all depend on how quick you are a learner, i have a few friends rwd it witout gyro, but some need it to drift well. Its all depending on the drifter.

Dieker

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jun - 05:00 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

I also agree a gyro isn't cheating in RWD but after trying it out I quickly removed it. I didn't like seeing those wheels move without my input. It also became apparent it wasn't even needed on my short and narrow track.
After reading other people's findings a gyro becomes necessary if you want to keep up with 4WD's on larger (faster) tracks. I have no experience with this yet.

So, if the track is right and we compete with other RWD's there's no need for a gyro.
We should make it our mission to convert those CS guys to RWD Twisted Evil

Last edited by Dieker on Wed 19 Jun - 02:57 (2013); edited 1 time in total
dharvin

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jun - 21:47 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

I think the CS guys will eventually go down the rwd route. Its only the natural progression. 5050, cs and then rwd.

Dieker

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun - 03:31 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

dharvin wrote:

I think the CS guys will eventually go down the rwd route. Its only the natural progression. 5050, cs and then rwd.

Well, CS guys and racers I've spoken to, are all held off by the idea of a gyro.

To have a better chance of having RWD grow is to make it work without a gyro.
This may mean accepting lower speeds and building tracks that are better suited for rear wheel drifting.

Let us do our own RWD thing. Once we get that going the rest will follow.

Let us not adapt to compete with 4WD's, but adapt the world to RWD.

kevinTRF

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun - 06:22 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, rwd can drift on any kind of track, from small to a big one. Obviously smaller track is easier, but once come to big track, i weight down the entire chassis front and rear to pick up speed with CS as the sadness thing is i'm the only one in my country is playing rwd for the pass two years, none are ready to follow yet... Sad so i have no choice to drift on whatever the sizes of the track provided for CS or 50/50. Btw, i dont use gyro, as i learn my way up without it...

Im using T-Drift up front and drifter street F5 at rear, just paly around with weight  depending on the surface. Slightly understeer  RWD is easier to drift it, like there is less steering upfront setup.

Hope that help...

Dieker

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun - 17:43 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

How much weight do you add to compete with CS guys? I thought extra weight slows you down, but will try your trick and put some extra weights on.

I agree with understeering being better to control. Have you tried Hei-Ko's constant grip tires? Put them up front for lesser but constant grip. Perfect for longer drifts if you like some understeer.

kevinTRF

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun - 04:52 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

I might give it a go with that tires..thanks for the info bro Smile  as for the weight, dont add weight only to the front, it will slow down the car. Normally i play around with the rear weight to get traction depending on track surface. At the moment my carpet setup weight is 400g front and 200g rear, autodrift front tires and T-Drift ( with tread) at rear.

Caster, camber, toe plays a big part too, all depending on the drifter.

Dieker

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun - 06:51 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

Thanks! This is really helpful information. That's a lot more weight than I thought. Gonna try it out when I get to a bigger track.

I don't know the autodrift tire, but does it have more or less grip than the T-Drift?

Respect for competing with those 4wd's without a gyro! You're my new role model:P

kevinTRF

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun - 05:16 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

Hahaha..tks bro...Autodrift is similar to MST medium hard tire, it is kinda slippery but good for front, make the chassis just the right amount of understeer. RC drift chassis is always weight in the middle, that cause the chasssi to spin like a fan, example like my TC-D, mid shift motor. So i weight down the front and rear to split the center weight to the front and rear end. I hope you understand what i was trying to say..hehehehe...

As for rear i used to put on some DrifterStreet F7 tires, but way too fast to play with anybody, and i get the stare like " hey..you better not hit my car"...hahahaha...so chose the F5 tire for rear...play with some weight to get the exact speed with the CS....

Dieker

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 01:47 (2013)    Post subject: To gyro or not to gyro Reply with quote

Yes, I understand, and it makes sense to shift that weight balance from center to front/rear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Gyroscope All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation