rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Braaaapp's RWD Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Davis

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 00:20 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Wow.  Shocked ... I imagined the chassis to be different from all the "mainstream" RWD chassis hype out there at the moment, but this goes really 3 years beyond. Very Happy

Some awesome mods on that chassis. Thank you so much for sharing. Okay

What´s the function of those rubberbands on the front suspension arms?

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 00:20 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Braaaapp

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 05:12 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Thanks Davis. The rubberbands are what keeps the wheels from locking up at full lock. Since the linkage and the knuckle geometry is all in a straight line at full lock (which is needed for 90 deg lock), the bands are what pushes the knuckle back when getting out of full lock.

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 05:55 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Shocked OMFG!! Do y'all see that 90* lock? Shocked

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 11:17 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

That's just sick...  Shocked Shocked  (In a very, very good way lol)

Automatix

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 14:05 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Holy shi*! That angle is insane Very Happy
Nice to see a chassis with so much DIY - I like Wink

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jan - 06:23 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

I might do this when I replace the chassis plate for my rs4

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan - 08:38 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

I am not on that you have enough steering lock  Laughing

awesome bro!!!! and how it run? the 90° angle is not a problem when you are in drift? because on my DP, when i have too much angle, the speed go down, and it's not so much realistic Confused

in any case, very very good job bro!!! Okay

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan - 19:18 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Thanks bud.
The car drifts better then ever. Its actually effortless too drift. Almost too easy Laughing . I run zero camber, zero progressive camber, zero toe, zero progressive toe, zero ackerman. Since I have no ackerman, there is no front end drag at full lock so my chassis is extremely predictable and doesnt scrub off speed like a chassis with ackerman. The only time I use full lock is in aggressive entries which I make sure I have enough speed before pulling off. 

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 3 Feb - 06:37 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Wow! You were "drawing lines" on the big sweeper

dencio1976

PostPosted: Fri 16 May - 15:23 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Ive been curious what your diy chassis looks like lately. Glad i chanced on it today. I even thought you went rear heavy to get speed.

Anyway, the old rcdriftrevolution got revised so all the old topics vanished with the old forum. I even had to reregister at the new rcdriftrevolution but not a lot of new tech anymore or even the old and very useful old rwd topics.

dencio1976

PostPosted: Fri 16 May - 15:33 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Oh btw, you are not the first rwd in the world. Jeremy had his rwd in 2010. But you are the first gyroed rwd ive seen. ^_^

r3dd3v1l

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug - 12:42 (2014)    Post subject: Braaaapp's RWD Project Reply with quote

Never seen anyone run a front mounted battery before! looks nuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation