rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another MST FXX-D VIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> mst
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Satan
Modérateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov - 23:09 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Wink I think it will help the new FXX owner as well as the future one! so much FXXs already!

Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov - 23:09 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
haRun

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov - 12:01 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

Hi Joshy.

Congrats to this nice Chassis Wink

You can delete this crabbing sideways out of the corner by changing the steering geometry to more parallel up to postive ackermann.
I have a little how-to of the simplest way to archive this in my chassis thread here.

Cheers, Harun

artica

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov - 12:15 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

I swear By Eagle Racing Soft tires in the rear and the Eagle Racing round Constant grip in the front.
They are cheap in cost and get the job done.
I tandem with my CS people every Friday night. Smile

Joshy T

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov - 11:46 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

What surface do you use those tires on?

i run on polished concrete.

artica

PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov - 18:55 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

smooth polishecement surface. garage floor.

Joshy T

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 4 Dec - 14:39 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

Bit of an update:

Since the above pictures, i changed to 3mm offset rims, i have found that when hitting full lock the inside rim will touch the lower arm, lock up and spin the car, i can reduce the steering EPA but then i run out of lock and spin without it. The solution is simple: higher offset rims, this however, brings on a whole new set of problems.

The biggest problem with the FXX-D is its WIDE, very wide, i can fit 8mm rims (with camber) under the S130 body using my enRoute JXR but, i can barely fit 4mm with camber with the FXX-D. I have a clear body laying around that's over 200mm wide, I've measured it up and i can get 6-8mm rims under the new body, just barely though. Wide is good for RWD, or so i have been told, it makes it more stable but it would be nice if we could get the widness from higher offset rims, ah well.

I did notice the drive train was really loud compared to how its been the last few weeks, i may have picked up a small rock and torn up one of the pinion gears, i will be tearing down the drive train to try to work out whats going on in there.

I have also been struggling with speed, a friend of mine who also has a FXX-D has tightend up the diff in his, so while at the track, i did the same. I am now getting more speed/grip out of the car, but coupled with the spinning problem i was having, i didn't really get to test it too much. Eventually, after an hour of spinning, i got fed up and went home.

Plans for the future:
- Possible swap to spool in the rear.
- Full tear down and rebuild (i should have done it when i got it, but never got to)
- New Body with 8mm rims.
- Still hunt for the right tires
- Try a east-west battery setup
- Get new pinion gears
- MOAR CASTER!!!!

haRun

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 4 Dec - 22:17 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

For that noise problem:

Better check the joint, where the drive shaft goes into the diff housing.
Almost half of the chassis we have here, this joint is already worn out.
I think it's because MST doesnt put any grease on it out-of-the-box, so it runs dry and weares out.
IF yours is NOT worn out, put some anti-wear grease on it, or at least black grease.

For the offset problem:

You can shorten your front lower arms by removing the 2mm spacer inside the arm.
Then of course you have to shorten the front upper arm 2mm by turning the threaded bar.
BUT THEN you need to rearange your whole steering geometry.... and thats the hard point.
The rear gets more narrow automatically if you change to 1° or 0° degree toe-in.

I advise running a spool on carpet and high traction surfaces.
Ball diff is really good on slippery surfaces.

Conventional battery setup gives more traction, i run this way Wink

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Harun

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 5 Dec - 04:44 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

you can't lock the ball diff? with a center screw? like the yokomo original ball diff?

haRun

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 5 Dec - 14:31 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

You can lock the balldiff by removing the balls, and putting some doublesided tape (or 2 layers of onesided) on the plates. 
Then just put it back together and screw it tight.

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 5 Dec - 22:16 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

ok, so, i think we need to buy a second ball diff to lock one, and let one free Okay

haRun

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 10:39 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

Or you get an XXX-D Alloy Spool, which costs almost the same as the balldiff Wink

RE-Xtreme RC

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 15:01 (2013)    Post subject: Another MST FXX-D VIP Reply with quote

josh is doing really well.

we used to catch him up slowly with the CS cars, but now he's running about the same speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> mst All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation