rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Radio set up
Previous topic :: Next topic  
n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 22:23 (2013)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Hi guys,
what are your setting on your radio's ?
do you guys run with alot of expo and how many procent travel do you run.

please post your settings that would help me( and others alot).

Tin

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 22:23 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 20 Nov - 00:58 (2013)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

On my gt3b, I run 15% expo on ch1(steering servo). Makes the whole car very responsive to input from my hands. If I turn everything on and shake the transmitter, it makes the servo go ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZz

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 20 Nov - 01:03 (2013)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Ok is that +15% or –15% and what about your throttle? Any expo there? 

On my Cs car for instance i drive with +18% throttle expo and 100% travel for better controle duringdrift while still having the 100% power when i need it. 

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 20 Nov - 05:07 (2013)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

n8kruiper wrote:
Ok is that +15% or –15% and what about your throttle? Any expo there? 

On my Cs car for instance i drive with +18% throttle expo and 100% travel for better controle duringdrift while still having the 100% power when i need it. 

My bad lol. +15%. I just turned it up to +99%.....Is this really what you run with? This is ridiculously sensitive

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 21 Nov - 02:58 (2013)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

yes i run with 100% travel on my throttle but i run a 10.5T motor so i manage. and I drive with little throttle punches instead off keeping the throttle constant.
but this is not on my RWD car This is on my DIB 1,6CS. for my RWD I am trying to find a setup that will work for me hence this topic to get an idea on how others setup there radio for RWD.

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 05:26 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

what radio are you working with it can make diffrince in the setting.

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 09:38 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

I am using a spektrum dx4s. At the moment i am up 80% expo on my throttle and %70 travel

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 23:14 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Just to clear a few things up for new guys.

For setups that run a gyro;

Travel adjustment trough your radio doesnt actually adjust how far your steering will move like it did without the gyro. The gyro will always make the servo move to 100% of its travel no matter what your radio travel is set to. The only way you can keep your steering setup from binding up at full lock is to mechanically limit your steering setup (proper length servo horn ect.) or you can buy a gyro with a limiter pot on it like a futaba gy401. Having a steering setup that is mechanically setup perfectly will make one of the biggest improvements to your cars stability.

Another tip that I figured out; for those that have a chassis that feels like it has more GAIN in one direction then the other (car spins out easier in one direction), try to adjust the length of you tie rod that is attached to your servo horn. Try lengthening it a bit and then reset your gyro. If the car spins out worse in that direction, try shortening the tie rod instead. This might take a bit of time with turning your tie rod ends half a turn at a time, you will eventually find the proper length for your tie rod and your car will feel the same in both left and right hand drifts Very Happy .

S/R and Travel on your radio do the exact same thing on a gyro setup. The more you increase steering travel or S/R, the more sensitive your steering will be. If you have a radio with S/R, you can leave your Travel at 100% and adjust your S/R to adjust your sensitivity (knob on my DX2S). I prever to leave my steering travel at 100% and then use my S/R knob on my radio to adjust my sensitivity. I run my steering at 100% travel and 34% S/R.

I hope that helps someone lol

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan - 00:41 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Although this also helps what i was talking about was throttle travel not steering travel
If i leave my throttle travel %100 even the a small amount of throttle input wil make the car spin hench the %80 expo i run
And ownly %70 throttle travel. This is what i am running now but i am still tweaking to my liking( not happy yet).

Because i need to keep throttling to keep the car in drift off throttle the car wants to pull itself straight.

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 15:56 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Oh I see. For a chassis with less then 70deg of steering lock, I would say expo might help with not spinning out as much. I run zero expo and 150% travel with my 8.5turn thanks to my 90deg of lock. I would say that once your at 80-90deg of lock, you can run as fast of a wheel speed as you wish. More wheel speed will help you keep up with the 50/50 drifters Okay . Also, running zero or minimum ackerman makes the car slide much more neutral and free 

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 23:35 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

as far as your throttle what esc are you running. are you able to program the throttle punch through the esc. if so do it that way and you will get a much better throttle feel.

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 06:47 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

I have a hobbywing Xtremestock ESC with a 10.5T speed passion Dokyo. funny you say that i just removed the boost because it was to sensative and no punch selected.
 It is running fairy stable at the moment will update my setup when i get the chance I been changing a lot since i posted my setup.
Also i found the right tire combo what works for me.

This weekend I will be in the megadrome Gemany to test my current setup. and maybe post a video.

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 07:12 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

that a very good esc alot of people use it in there race cars very programable.

n8kruiper

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 07:46 (2014)    Post subject: Radio Setup Reply with quote

Yes I know it is my 5th one :-)
also have one in my DIB.
very happy with it even got a spare one just in case one of the two fails :-P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Radio set up All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation