rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Domo's rwd d3 build
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> 3racing
Previous topic :: Next topic  
florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec - 22:46 (2013)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

350 if my memory is good and 1000 at rear...

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec - 22:46 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
redss

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 06:54 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

why not some high offset wheels? Those black one looks like 0mm offset .. try to 5mm or higher and see if it will still hit the shocks.

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan - 05:11 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

redss wrote:
 why not some high offset wheels? Those black one looks like 0mm offset .. try to 5mm or higher and see if it will still hit the shocks.

The wheels I have now are 3mm offset, a higher offset isn't going to benefit me that much. It will help me clear the steering wiper, but not the shocks.

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 15:29 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

Actually I think redss is right, higher offset wheels will give you more clearance for your shocks. It wont give you any more clearance for your wiper though

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 18:42 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

Braaaapp wrote:
Actually I think redss is right, higher offset wheels will give you more clearance for your shocks. It wont give you any more clearance for your wiper though

I would need a ridiculous amount of offset

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 19:58 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

i ran 9mm offset on my D3 to get the clearance needed at the front. Idea

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan - 20:01 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

A 200mm body will cover them with about 3deg. camber or cutback tires.

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 00:01 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

I don't think i'm explaining it right. Offset isn't going to benefit me, because the 5mm offset D3 wheels(which are my highest offset wheels right now), are rubbing against my current Broadtech lower arms and hit my dampers. I need to widen out the front track in order to move the whole thing away from the lower arms and dampers. Do I need to take a picture?

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 01:25 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

i got what you mean. what you need is wider hexs behind the hub or spacer. i had to do that as well with the 5mm at one time. a good place to get them at is (tqrcracing.com). they have diff. colors and sizes from 3 to 7mm. the stock one i think are 5mm. or you can get shims from .5 to 1mm. you put them beween the wheel and the hex to move the wheel out. hope this helps

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 02:13 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

You're not listening. I don't need higher offset, I need wider track. Only place I will need any offset is the rear to equal out the front

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 03:13 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

wider hexs or spacers behind wheel will move the wheel out away from the arm. Giving you more distance from the a arm to the wheel. 1. will give you a wider over all track and 2. will give you more steering angle before wheel hits the a arm or shock. 

L3gTxDomo

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 04:00 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

MtNitro wrote:
wider hexs or spacers behind wheel will move the wheel out away from the arm. Giving you more distance from the a arm to the wheel. 1. will give you a wider over all track and 2. will give you more steering angle before wheel hits the a arm or shock. 

Moving the entire knuckle away from the chassis will also 1. give a wider track and 2. give me more steering before I hit both the lower arm and shock AND will not rub on the steering wiper. Your argument is invalid lol Mr. Green

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 04:22 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

ok so widen the track. your lower arms are ajustable you did a KPI mod to it from the looks of the pics you posted. Make the lower arm longer, the upper link longer and the tie rod longer and that will move the wheel out away from the arm and shock. 

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 04:59 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

I agree, after looking at the pic again, you definitely need to move your knuckles further out. Running a deeper offset wheel alone will only give you maybe 2 or 3 deg of more lock clearance.

MtNitro

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan - 07:03 (2014)    Post subject: Domo's rwd d3 build Reply with quote

so glade i could help. lol.  Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> 3racing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation