rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other and completely custom built
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 24 May - 18:09 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Since there might be some people who doesn't have any of the brands already listed, and for those who have their own, custom made chassis!

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 24 May - 18:09 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 24 May - 20:26 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

it's absolutely amazing!!!! i wanna see the finish chassis! seriously! very good job bro! Okay

EDIT: i create a section other, and put this topic in Wink thanks for your help Wink

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 24 May - 21:06 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

florianar wrote:
it's absolutely amazing!!!! i wanna see the finish chassis! seriously! very good job bro! Okay

EDIT: i create a section other, and put this topic in Wink thanks for your help Wink

Thanks! This project will pick up speed after the summer when I get back o school, but I'll keep making some CAD sketches throughout the summer Smile

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 26 May - 21:46 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

the central shaft...how is it fixed? at the front of course. and you want to make the same system as the FRD for the demultiplication? because i think, if you delete the 4 pinion, and if you let only the motor pinion and the central shaft pinion, it's not better?

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 May - 07:55 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

right ^^

But much more accomplished ^^

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 27 May - 08:15 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

florianar wrote:
right ^^

But much more accomplished ^^

hehe yeah that chassis was made from parts I had laying around, while this will be completely custom made  Okay

Mouton

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 28 May - 20:49 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Wow what an amazing project you got !! Can't wait to see it finished ! Good luck Very Happy

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 28 May - 21:14 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Mouton wrote:
Wow what an amazing project you got !! Can't wait to see it finished ! Good luck Very Happy

Thanks, I can't wait either, lol  Mr. Green

Tamiya81

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jun - 21:10 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Wow, I'm glad to see a CAD model. What is your school? school in mechanical engineering?
You have to be really patient to use CREO. Razz

I follow it your project. Okay

Visit poster’s website
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jun - 21:44 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Tamiya81 wrote:
Wow, I'm glad to see a CAD model. What is your school? school in mechanical engineering?
You have to be really patient to use CREO. Razz

I follow it your project. Okay

Thanks! I attend the technical program at my school, directed towards design!
I find Creo extremely easy to work with actually, but that could be because I learn how to use it in school...  Mr. Green

Thanks, though this project is kind of resting at the moment, I'll be starting it up again when I'm finished with the other RWD project I have Smile

Tamiya81

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jun - 22:11 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

I tried Creo too at school too, but I hate.  Laughing I much prefer Catia or SolidWorks. But it's all your Honor if you find Creo easy.
It's nice to have a RC school project. CNC's machine are very practical for make parts.

Visit poster’s website
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jun - 22:16 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

Tamiya81 wrote:
I tried Creo too at school too, but I hate.  Laughing I much prefer Catia or SolidWorks. But it's all your Honor if you find Creo easy.
It's nice to have a RC school project. CNC's machine are very practical for make parts.

I'll be using SolidWorks next term, we'll be using it to simulate movements in our CAD models, it'll be very useful, and that's another reason why I've put this project on pause, I'll simulate the steering before I make the chassis!
Yeah it is! I think I've said it before in this thread  but I have basically full access to one CNC machine and three 3D printers at school, I am the only student out of 1200 in total on the school who has that access  Mr. Green

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 3 Oct - 13:26 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

*Cough cough* There's quite a lot of dust in this thread... I think I better dust it off with a small update  Mr. Green

Next saturday, there'll be an "Open-House-day" at my school, and I'll be one of few who are in charge for the CAD, 3D-printer, and the CNC-machine. So what I'll do, is I'll send the file with this project to a contact, who will make it into another file format, and then I'll be able to simulate the steering, I'll be able to design every single little piece I want and need, and best of all, I can print/ machine parts of chassis! So there will hopefully be a lot of progress on it then, just wanted to tell you guys about that! 

One thing that I've been wondering, by the way, is this; 

Is there anyone who knows how many other private persons are making a complete RWD chassis in CAD? I don't recall seeing anything quite like my project, more than from real companies such as MST and Wrap-Up..

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 7 Oct - 20:09 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

it's so cool! if you can make your own parts, I think that your chassis is going to evolve a lot!

Okay

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 7 Oct - 21:21 (2013)    Post subject: Other and completely custom built Reply with quote

florianar wrote:
it's so cool! if you can make your own parts, I think that your chassis is going to evolve a lot!

Okay

Yeah I'm hoping so too! 

Plus, for the next couple of months now until christmas, I'll have the chassis as a school project again, I'm remodeling a few things here and there, and I'm also finishing the rear of the chassis which never was completed. After it's completely modeled (including all sprints, screws and nuts), I'll make a simulation of the steering more than anything, see if my ideas work and then I'll print/ CNC-machine the parts  Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation