rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis.
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> tamiya
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 12:23 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Dorvack wrote:
Nice work! Home-made chassis solutions are my favorite part of this hobby! Smile

Dorvack.

Thanks! Yeha this is kind of the pinnacle of my home made RC solutions  Mr. Green

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 12:23 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
viko17

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jun - 14:39 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Hi how did you do hold your central shaft on your front plate ?

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jun - 14:46 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

viko17 wrote:
Hi how did you do hold your central shaft on your front plate ?

Hi!

I can take some photos of it tonight when I get home Smile But basically, I use a bearing, a small mount for it on the motor mount, and a telescopic main shaft from an Axial SCX10.

viko17

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jun - 14:48 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

yes please 

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 1 Jul - 14:19 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Today I've bought another battery pack, I use a smallsized, 6 cell, 7.2 V, NiMh battery in this chassis, which, as you can see on pics, is located just in front of the rear wheels for some rear weight.
This Saturday, the driftmeet I've been waiting for a year is held, and that's where I'll test the chassis for the first time on carpet and on a real circuit, it's going to be a lot fo fun, but I think I'll be modifying some things along the two days the meet is held. Wish me luck guys!!  Mr. Green

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jul - 07:26 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

ow shit! bad news bro... i hope a friend can give you a transmitter for the meet...

what is this meeting? you put some pics and videos after? ^^

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jul - 16:23 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

florianar wrote:
ow shit! bad news bro... i hope a friend can give you a transmitter for the meet...

what is this meeting? you put some pics and videos after? ^^

It's fixed so I can borrow one, so it's alright Smile
It's an annual drift meet, there'll be at least 30 persons there the first day! Sure thing, I'll see what I can do Smile

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 6 Jul - 07:55 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Okey, in little less than an hour I'll be heading to the track, it's going to be awesome, I love the atmosphere at the Swedish meets! This'll be the first time I take it out on track with this chassis as it sits now, also first time on carpet for it! The awesome thing is that there'll be at least one more RWD chassis at the meet, which is great, the RWD revolution has begun here in Sweden for real now!

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 6 Jul - 10:09 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

do your best bro!!! it's the beginning of the RWD revolution  Okay

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 6 Jul - 21:35 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Today was awesome!! The chassis worked great aside from the spurgear and pinion which were a bit tough to adjust properly.. but I finished in the top ten when we wre going to knock down barrels, I was the only one driving a RWD chassis in that competition, so it was great to finish so high, we were after all about 25 persons in that comp! Also got new wheels and tires for the chassis, I was given a pair of HPI nitro drift tires, they worked great on both carpet and on almost polished concrete! Superhappy with the day, and I'll be heading back there tomorrow for some more action! I also traded my Axial SCX10 for a Tamiya TRF415 MSX (I think), with lots of aluminium and carbon fibre, so that'll get some new electronics soon, and I'll use it as a 50-50 chassis, though I do have the posibility to turn it into CS too. But right now, I'll use it as it is!

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jul - 17:59 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Shocked

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jul - 01:22 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

florianar wrote:
Shocked

Mr. Green

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jul - 09:47 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

why you put the motor a the center of the chassis? i m not sure it's better...

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 15 Aug - 14:03 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Okey, now I've torn down the front of the chassis again, so now I'm on my third generation of transmission. What sets this generation off from the two older ones are that I've decided to use an existing transmission in the front. I've taken the whole transmission and case from the Traxxas Slash which I got the rear diff and diff housing from. This means that this chassis is now almost more Traxxas Slash than it is Tamiya TRF415! Pics are coming in a while, I have to fix a few things first!

Dorvack

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 15 Aug - 17:59 (2013)    Post subject: Tamiya TRF415 based RWD FR McPherson chassis. Reply with quote

Very nice.

More pictures please.

Dorvack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> tamiya All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation