rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homemade chassis project
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dragula

PostPosted: Sun 7 Jul - 01:12 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Some news...

motor pinions Mr. Green now I have a lot of place for the steering

The steering is completed. Next step : the rear of the chassis

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 7 Jul - 01:12 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Dorvack

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 7 Jul - 08:11 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Please delete.

Last edited by Dorvack on Mon 3 Mar - 13:38 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Dragula

PostPosted: Sun 7 Jul - 11:40 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Dorvack.

Your IFS system is awesome Mr. Green

Your shocks are attached on the upper deck and I don't use upper deck on my prototype. I keep your idea in mind, I will try something which looks like your system Wink

Dragula

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul - 18:34 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Some news :

A lot of ackerman for the moment but we are currently fixing it. Rear gear box is almost finish.
The problem with 3D printed parts is that threads haven't a long life (contrary to threads in aluminum). It's why I have design the gearbox like this and I will use threaded rods across the gear box with lock nuts to link the gear box to the chassis.

I have received some printed parts for my Sakura FF :

I will test the printed Y arms during next weeks. If it's too weak, I think I will buy Wrap up Y arms or some from an other brand.

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul - 19:39 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

it's some plastic parts? because it's like foam Shocked

Dragula

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul - 19:49 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

It's not foam Laughing It's polyamide powder sintered by laser Mr. Green But it's true, it's look like foam

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul - 19:51 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

it's solid?

Dragula

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul - 20:07 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

I don't know... Laughing

On my Sakura FF, I only broke one part :

The part bent during a long long time before break. there were many constraints on it.
I use this part like a shock tower to hold pivots for the shocks. I designed a new one, stronger, shorter, with reinforcements

About the bearing holder, they are like new Cool The steering rack took a little play but is still working. I designed a new one to try to solve this problem.

I will test the Y arms on my CS chassis, I will see if it's break or not.
Waits for the feedback... Razz

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul - 13:23 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

That's looking really good, I'm going to make printed RC parts too when school starts since I have a few printers and a CNC machine that I can use whenever I want to  Mr. Green  One thing I noticed though, when designing your pieces, don't forget to smoothen out the 90degree angles, make them more rounded, usually it's enough with just a mm or two! It's in those corners that the most force is concentrated, and rounding them off helps the force spread out in the piece for!

Dragula

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul - 16:39 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

I have do this on the Y arm and others parts Wink But on the shocks tower it's not possible at this place or I must grind the bulkhead cover to make it rounded, and I don't want to remove the pink Laughing

Last edited by Dragula on Thu 25 Jul - 17:41 (2013); edited 1 time in total
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul - 17:36 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

okey, I know what you mean, pink is nice  Mr. Green

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:38 (2018)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation