rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homemade chassis project
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dragula

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 18:54 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Hi people !

My first drift project was the conversion of one 3R Sakura FF (Front motor, front wheel drive) in a AWD CS chassis. It was before the release of Sakura D3, R31 front motor, MS01-D, ... This first project is almost finished but I don't want to invest more money into it.
Today I want to design my own RWD drift car. A friend joined me in this project. (Tolga)

Specifications:
- Front motor (like FR-D) motor between the wheels
- shaft drive
- lipo across the width at the rear
- wide angle steering
- not exceed the price of a FR-D kit (I will try...)

Some pics

Front arm are Yokomo wrap up.
Diff case come from the Tamiya TB03. I modeled it just to try. Maybe I will print a custom version with 3D printer. For the moment I'm looking for a cheaper solution, because the price of one 3D printed case is approximately 45€! Just for one piece of plastic... Maybe one friend can realize bearing holder in aluminum.

About the steering, my friend Tolga modeled the steering of the Sakura D3. It's working well but one arm touch the pinion gear on the front... We are waiting for the Yokomo Type C steering to make some test. (sorry no pictures)

Work in progress...

Last edited by Dragula on Mon 10 Jun - 23:11 (2013); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 18:54 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 19:19 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

nice!!! but, can you resize your pics in forum format? it's a little to large  Embarassed

Mouton

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 19:30 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Yeah !! It's gonna be awesome !! 
Au passage ton projet sakura ff je l'ai suivi a l'époque en cachette et c"est une tuerie tu es un génie :p 

Dragula

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 19:46 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

it's perfect for my 23" monitor  Embarassed

Ok I resize Flo Mr. Green

Thanks mouton Embarassed
About the Sakura FF project, The final step should have been the machining of lower and upper deck in carbon fiber. But I dont want to waste my money into it, I planned to only drive the RWD in the future  Mr. Green I have designed a new steering and a new "shocks tower" to use the upper arm of Yok Type-C for caster, maybe I will "print" them in 3D until the RWD chassis is finish.
(For people who don't know my FF, some pics there)

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 21:10 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Those CAD drawings are looking good Very Happy

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 21:58 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

wow it's very very resizing  Laughing

en fait je pensais plus a les mettre en 640*480 ^^ ou en 800*600 c'est bien aussi Wink

Dragula

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 22:15 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

I don't know if it's work because originals pictures have not a standard size 1562*335 & 1142*708. I need to install photoshop to resize correctly Embarassed

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 22:57 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

si tu les upload via le forum, tu peux choisir dans quel taille les resize sur le topic Wink tu clique sur envoyer une image, tu va la prendre dans ton ordi, et tu choisi quel format mettre sur la page ( tu met format forum c'est ce que je met tout le temps perso )

Dragula

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun - 23:18 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

It's done Cool

Dragula

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun - 15:35 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Hi !

We have received the yokomo steering and we have modeled it.

Problem : steering parts touch the gearing Evil or Very Mad I'm working on an other solution about the gears...

I have design my own Y lower arm based on the wrap up. I think I will realize them with a 3D printer Arrow around 20€ for 4 Mr. Green

Mouton

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun - 16:46 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

Oh nice ideathe 3D printer :p 
But is that stronger enought ? Is that stronger than aluminium ?

florianar
Administrateur

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun - 18:35 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

you interested me with the 3D printer ^^

you know someone to create carbone parts??? because i need some special parts for my frankendrift, and i think i gonna contact alien racing, but , if you have another guy to make the carbon parts ^^

Dragula

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun - 18:41 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

It is more brittle, but it's not the same price Cool And... we don't do jumps with our drift machine Laughing I think it will be strong enough
If you don't hit the wall at full throttle, it should be ok Mr. Green

I only know Alien Racing for carbon parts/frames Embarassed

Justsidewayz

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jun - 18:15 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

shouldn't the motor and steering be more towards the front of you chassis plate?

Dragula

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jun - 21:27 (2013)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project Reply with quote

It's a temporary chassis plate. It's the Sakura FF chassis plate which is modeled (same as D3)

I will design a new one at the end Cool

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:38 (2018)    Post subject: Homemade chassis project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation