rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GY520 Advanced Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Gyroscope
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Davis

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr - 19:32 (2014)    Post subject: GY520 Advanced Settings Reply with quote

Just got myself a Futaba GY520 gyro including an USB connector.

With the "standard" one button setup method unfortunately not all of the settings are available. In this state the gyro was really just as good as the KDS800, though a bit tougher to handle, since the gyro overrides steering commands quite strict. Once I set all "response" settings to zero (this is equal to a delay setting) the response to the steering input of the transmitter improved dramatically.
Now it is really smooth to drift with the gyro. - But I am still experimenting with different values.

Does anyone have more experience with it and would like to share their settings?
Here are mine at the moment:

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr - 19:32 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Davis

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 23 May - 15:35 (2014)    Post subject: GY520 Advanced Settings Reply with quote

I did some on track testing with different settings on the GY520 today. Here is the setup that seems to work best for me.

And a short "drift manual" for the settings of the gyro as far as I understand the effects of the different settings so far. Wink

GY 520 Drift Settings:

Flight Mode: 3d mode seems to be less aggressive in interfering with steering input than F3C
Mode: Slow makes the response less twitchy
Control Response: Higher value gives priority to steering input, while lower values give priority to the gyro control
AVCS Response: Sets the delay of the gyro response. Lower values give faster response. 0 delay seems to be best suitable for drifting.
Pirouette Consistency: Lower values give smoother drifts.
Yaw rate: Lower value works better for drifting. A higher value forces the chassis to stay on its course, which makes smooth switchbacks much harder.
Gain: This is the actual value of how much the gyro controls the steering. With high values almost no drifting is possible. 0 seems most suitable. Low values of 5-10 might be suitable for slippery or large tracks.
D Gain: Higher value makes the wheels wobble
Base Gain: This is a factor which is multiplied with the 3rd channel signal to set the overall gain of the gyro. That way one can scale the gain range to the signal range of the remote.
Limit: Sets the steering end points just like the one button programming does.

haRun

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 28 May - 22:24 (2014)    Post subject: GY520 Advanced Settings Reply with quote

Thanks Davis Smile
I will try this next time Very Happy

Cheers, Harun

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:01 (2017)    Post subject: GY520 Advanced Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> TECHNICAL DISCUSSION -> Gyroscope All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation