rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Braaaapp

PostPosted: Thu 6 Feb - 04:36 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Hey guys,
A few days ago I made the order for the R31. Its the worlds 2nd production RWD drift chassis. I received my R31 yesterday and got it running today. I change the location of the battery and servo for more weight up front. It drifts butter smooth without any adjustments. I didnt even need to adjust the gyro that was incuded with the chassis. The gyro is 100% identica to the MST gyro besides the sticker.

I gotta say the quality of the chassis is amazing for the price. The only thing im not loving are the belts which is expected. Only 2 battery packs later, the fibers ripped in the front belt even though tension was correct. Im now looking for an upgrade belt.

With the battery and servo in my configuration, the COG is identical to my own creation (purple chassis). I personally think its the perfect balance point. Mounting the battery and servo in these locations requires no drilling. Just bolt on. You will need to countersink the bottom though.

Here is a pic of the R31 next to my two creations and the MST FXX. R31 steering lock is identical to FXX lock.

Last edited by Braaaapp on Sat 19 Apr - 15:38 (2014); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 6 Feb - 04:36 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
flypilot

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 9 Feb - 19:43 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Why have you moved tha battery forward on this car? I also have the R31 rwd and battery in the stock position and are thinking of moving all the way back to the rear diffuser....I am thinking it is easier t hold the lock that way to get more pendulum effect going maybe?

RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb - 10:51 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

That is so good looking!! 

Flypilot: I have the battery over the rear diffuser on my R31, works great for me but it's just a matter of testing  Okay

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb - 23:14 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

From all my testing I have done, I prefer my weight further forward. I found that it greatly decreases understeer. It feels like the front wheels are on rails going exactly where they are pointing. Also, less weight in the rear makes the rear end of the chassis swing around faster/easier. It also allows you to be more aggressive with your entries since the chassis doesnt have the weight of a battery swinging around on the rear of the chassis which would carry its momentum much longer then having a light rear end (this is exactly the reason why 1:1 porsch, ferrari, NSX are not very good at drifting).

The benefits of running most weight in the rear;

1) Its easier for RWD beginners to drift smooth since the chassis has more understeer meaning the driver doesnt need to be perfectly smooth on the steering

2) The steering geometry doent need to be setup perfectly since the understeer makes it less noticable

I think its just personal preference. 95% of the RWD drifters in japan drift with batteries in the rear. It might just be because thats where the battery is located stock or it might be what they prefer.

Automatix

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 11:24 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Weight in the rear means traction and speed. This might be the reason that most Japanese chassis run like this. If I compare my Imadoki with 65% of weight in the rear, compared with my FR-D with 50% weight at rear I see that the Imadoki gives me much more possibilities to adjust my speed to the other drivers - the usable range is wider.

Visit poster’s website
Braaaapp

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 22:35 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Yeah the extra weight i the rear will increase the grip. To run with the AWDs at my cub, I run hard rubber in the rear and plastic up front and it works great. 

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Wed 19 Mar - 23:42 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Here are a few shots of my R31. I modded the front end for more wheel clearance which allowed me to increase the steering angle. I also drilled and tapped new holes in the rear arms and rear tower to angle my rear shocks which made the suspension super soft and loads of awesome drupe Cool

Last edited by Braaaapp on Sat 19 Apr - 15:44 (2014); edited 1 time in total
leozhanght

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar - 21:51 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool

Mandy

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar - 18:17 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Just curious what you did in order to get that extra bit of angle.

Braaaapp

PostPosted: Sat 19 Apr - 16:00 (2014)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT Reply with quote

Sorry about the extra large pics guys Embarassed . I just resized them all..

To get the extra steering angle, I spent a good amount of time testing different ackerman link lengths and knuckle holes.

To get the wheel clearance for the trailing wheel, I hadto move the shock further inward. To do this i hadto move the whole motor plate inward using much smaller spacers. I then flipped the spur gear hub around and drilled a new hole for the cross pin. Next thing I did was install the long gold spacers to the shock tower which were originally used to space the motor plate. This pushed the tower further away from the  gear for clearance of the upper arm screw head. Next was to drill and tap a new hole on the lower arm for mounting the shock inward. Then I mounted the shock as far inward as I could on the tower before it hits the gear. I hope that made sense Very Happy

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:10 (2018)    Post subject: Eagle Racing R31-RWD GRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation