rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

due to a shoulder injury, hired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> LOCATION AND INTRODUCTION -> Euro community
Previous topic :: Next topic  
wanglei

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov - 07:04 (2017)    Post subject: due to a shoulder injury, hired Reply with quote

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Just minutes after Andrew Wiggins put No. 6 Kansas on his back, scoring six of his career-high 29 points in the defining moment of the game, Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg offered a glowing assessment of the star freshman. "You can tell hes oozing with confidence," Hoiberg said Wednesday night after his 16th-ranked Cyclones lost 92-81, "and thats scary." The nations No. 1 recruit, Wiggins has finally started to live up to his hype. He matched his 27-point performance in a win over TCU last weekend with a dunk that gave Kansas an 81-72 lead with just under 3 minutes remaining, and then added a couple free throws for his career high. The freshman hit four 3-pointers and finished 10 of 16 from the field. "Im just starting to feel more comfortable," Wiggins said. It helped that he didnt have to carry the load himself. Perry Ellis added 20 points, Joel Embiid had 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Naadir Tharpe finished with 12 points and 12 assists for the Jayhawks (16-4, 7-0 Big 12), who won their seventh straight game. Wayne Selden had 11 points and five assists. "Im not surprised at all because we got prepared to play these games," Tharpe said. "It was a matter of time until everyone just went out there and started to play." Georges Niang led the Cyclones (15-4, 3-4) with 24 points. DeAndre Kane added 22 points and Melvin Ejim, battling foul trouble much of the game, finished with 18 points and eight rebounds. Iowa State started the season with 14 straight wins, but has now dropped four of its last five. That includes a 77-70 loss to the Jayhawks earlier this month in Ames. "If theyre hitting shots like that," Hoiberg said of the Jayhawks, "thats going to be a tough, tough team to beat." The Jayhawks held on despite a shortened bench. Forward Tarik Black missed his second game with an ankle injury while guard Conner Frankamp did not suit up because of a knee injury. It didnt seem to matter early in the game. The Jayhawks roared to a 30-14 lead in the opening minutes, dominating on the offensive glass and taking advantage of rapidly retreating Cyclones on the defensive boards. Just as quickly, though, Iowa State whittled into the lead. The comeback began with a jam off an alley-oop pass by Ejim, and picked up momentum when the Cyclones hit 3-pointers on four straight trips down court. By the time Monte Morris finished off the run, done mostly while Wiggins sat on the bench, the lead had been trimmed to 37-34. "Ive been in this building enough as a player, as a coach, a scout, and it happens pretty much every game, they come out and hit shots early and you have to withstand it, you have to withstand the runs," Hoiberg said. "I give our guys credit for clawing back in the game." The Cyclones pulled even for the first time when Kane buried a 3-pointer out of halftime, but the Jayhawks responded with 11 straight points to regain control. Wiggins did most of the work, hitting a long jumper and a scooping layup while also getting to the free throw line. By that point, a packed crowd that included Kansas City Royals Billy Butler and Jeremy Guthrie and Grammy nominated musician Trey Songz was on its feet. Iowa State made one more charge. Ejim scored to draw within 73-69 and force Kansas coach Bill Self to call a timeout, and Niang drained a 3-pointer moments later to make it a one-point game. Embiid responded with a thunderous dunk, and after Kane turned it over at the other end, the Cyclones intentionally fouled Wiggins on a fast break. He made both free throws, and then added a putback off Embiids miss to make it a four-point trip. "That was a pretty big call," Niang said of the intentional foul. "Not saying it was a bad call or anything, but thats where they took off." Wiggins added a run-out dunk after another turnover to give the Jayhawks an 81-72 lead, and the defending Big 12 champions coasted the rest of the way to its 18th win in 19 meetings with Iowa State. "We gave ourselves a chance," Hoiberg said, "and at the end of the day, we gave ourselves an opportunity in as tough an environment as were going to play in." Alex Delvecchio Jersey . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. Vladimir Konstantinov Jersey . Hes had three top-10 results this season and feels ready to put it all together and finally hoist a trophy at the top level. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/tomas-tatar-jersey/ . 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U. Custom Detroit Red Wings Jerseys . They started shooting the puck. Joe Pavelski had a hat trick to move into a tie for second in the NHL in goals and the Sharks beat Philadelphia 7-3 Thursday night in the first game for both teams following the Olympic break. Justin Abdelkader Jersey . The Ravens werent about to let it happen again. Carleton picked up its fourth straight national mens basketball title, and 10th in the last 12 years, with a 79-67 victory over its crosstown rival on Sunday.MELBOURNE, Australia - Goran Ivanisevic won one Wimbledon title in his colorful tennis career, but the big-serving Croatian believes he might have won even more if hed had an ex-player as his coach, like many of the top competitors do today.Bad luck I did not have someone like me to coach me when I was (playing), he said Tuesday at the Australian Open. I should have had this Goran to coach that Goran. Probably I would win at least five, six more Grand Slams.Ivanisevic, 43, is now part of the latest trend in tennis — the exclusive but steadily growing club of former pro players who have turned to coaching in their post-retirement years.The big-name stars like Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Andy Murray may have glamorized the ex-player hires in recent years, taking on Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg and Ivan Lendl/Amelie Maursemo, respectively. But the players just behind them in the rankings have also jumped on the bandwagon to try to close the gap and contend for slams.Stan Wawrinka and Marin Cilic both won their first majors last year under the tutelage of former players — Wawrinka is coached by Swede Magnus Norman and Cilic by Ivanisevic. And Kei Nishikori has former French Open champion Michael Chang in his corner, while Milos Raonic is coached by Ivan Ljubicic, once ranked No. 3 in the world.Chang believes the ex-player coaches have caught on among these players, in part, because they can bring valuable perspective from their own careers that could be the final piece needed for a breakthrough at the majors.The fifth-seeded Nishikori hired Chang at the end of 2013 and proceeded to make his first Grand Slam final at the U.S. Open, where he was beaten by Cilic. He plays defending champion Wawrinka on Wednesday for a spot in the semifinals.The mentality and attitude ends up playing a very important role, the 42-year-old Chang said.We all know everybody can come out here and play great tennis, they all hit great forehands, great backhands and great serves, but the mindset is another element that the public and press dont see. Something that I try to help him out and give him goood advice wherever I can.ddddddddddddIvanisevic, who reached three Wimbledon finals before finally winning in 2001, sees how valuable this insight can be when looking back at his own career.I say (to Cilic), Listen, youre going to learn only by learning not to the same mistakes that I did, he said. It would take 10 days to tell you how many mistakes I made.Ivanisevic has known Cilic since 2002 when he invited the then-14-year-old rising junior to practice with him. Cilic, who pulled out of this years Australian Open due to a shoulder injury, hired Ivanisevic to coach him in 2013.Its nice to have somebody in the corner who was through all these things, Ivanisevic said. Unfortunately, I could not do things with myself that I can do with him. But I succeeded with him, also made me proud.Ljubicic, too, was drawn to coaching by the opportunity to help one of the games rising stars take the next step. Raonic also plays for a spot in the semifinals Wednesday against Djokovic.A former French Open semifinalist, Ljubicic, 35, said theres an expectation that an ex-player coach can have an immediate impact on a players results, but this isnt necessarily the case.His coaching relationship with Raonic, which began just a year after Ljubicic retired in 2012, got off to a rocky start.We had difficult first few weeks because (Raonic) was struggling, out of confidence and out of shape, but we decided to try a little bit longer and the results started to come, Ljubicic said.Ljubicic said he wasnt going to return to the grind of the tennis tour for just any player, either. He wanted to coach a contender.(Milos is) one of the most determined and motivated people that I have ever met, and that meets my needs and my type of people that I want to work with, he said.Chang, too, didnt take the decision to return to the tour lightly. He said it wouldnt have been possible without the help of his wife, who travels with him and takes care of their two children.Its fun to be able to work with Kei and to see him excel and improve, Chang said. Spending time with my family is important, too. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov - 07:04 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> LOCATION AND INTRODUCTION -> Euro community All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation