rwd rc-drifters Forum Index

rwd rc-drifters
here is the new forum about the RWD rcdrift world, create by a little frenchie to assemble all the RWD rcdrift comunity in one place ;) Thanks to RWD rcdrift page on facebook and Hei-Ko to the partnership :)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Tamiya81

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun - 23:56 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

Project D -- Stage 1

# Drift 01 : We need a RX-7 !

Here the goal of Stage 1 of the Project D : make a realistic RWD car's on the track.
I started with a simple idea, I want that if the car drift , tires smoke, screeching, the rear axle stalls and hangs like a true car.
In principle, I would share a heavy car : the suspension works well and get good mass transfers.
For the grip, everything will play on the tires: I have to find the correct tires with a normal speed grip, but it lose grip as soon as I put full throttle.

All of this is highly inspiration from Manga Initial D , my choice for Stage 1 is focused on the iconic Mazda RX-7 FD3S (with its famous twin rotor ) .

# Drift 02 : The choice of weapons!

Who says tires smoke, or even just RX-7, said a good engine that goes with it.

I take a  Novak Ballistic 10.5T motor (The best engine in my possession)

With Novak Kinetic Spec ESC :

Spektrum Sr3300T receiver :

And  a Futaba S3003 servo :

For front and rear parts, I take some ports of my TB03 :

And a Tamiya RX-7 body :

# Drift 03 : Chassis design, part 1

For good mass transfer, I want a heavy chassis, so no carbon parts but an aluminum chassis that is hand-made, once the chassis layout established.
The distribution of masses shoed still adding weight around.
Then the position of the motor is on the front, of course, with the transmission shaft to the rear axle.

First test with ESC in front

But with steering, I have to push the motor more on front and ESC goes back :

With Body

next step : Make a transmission
 Florianar have found a good transmission, that I will may be use : http://www.rc-sub-workshop.com/Details.aspx?id=193

Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun - 23:56 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jun - 09:34 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

Looking good, will be interesting to see the progress Smile

Tamiya81

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jul - 12:45 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

Some news coming soon, I recieved the transmission. I can finish the CAO now.  Mr. Green

Visit poster’s website
RCJohan

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul - 15:52 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

Can't wait to see it!  Okay

Tamiya81

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul - 22:55 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

The progress of the day: The transmission was created in CAD, and takes the place of the steering.
The steering will be positioned in front of the engine.

The next steps:
- Find how to fix the transmission and connect to the rear axle.
- Create a link from the servo to the steering.

Visit poster’s website
Spooke

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul - 11:27 (2013)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S Reply with quote

This is incredible, look forward to more progress!!

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:11 (2018)    Post subject: Project D -- Stage 1 -- Mazda RX-7 FD3S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rwd rc-drifters Forum Index -> CHASSIS -> home made All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation